In the spirit of the holiday I am giving you a red, white & blue recipe.
- Get a bag of confetti potatoes. These are tiny sized red, white and blue potatoes.
- Boil them until the right consistency for potato salad.
- Cut them into the size you prefer, some people like big chunks, some prefer a small dice. Whatever.
- Chop up a smallish red onion. Put it in your potato salad bowl. Duh.
- Add cooked, chopped potatoes.
- Sprinkle in a handful of blue cheese crumbles.
- Since blue cheese always says "celery" to me, add some chopped celery. (Yeah, okay so it's red, white, blue and green.) I knew this celery thing was going to be a problem.
- You may not add green pepper or pickles. They will taste lousy with the dressing.
- Radishes, okay.
- Hard boiled eggs will just look stupid. Sheesh
- For the dressing combine 1/4 cup plain yogurt, 2 tbl rice vinegar, sea salt & cracked black pepper. Taste it and adjust the seasonings.
- If you're a wuss add a little sugar or honey to the dressing. If you must.
- Pour the dressing over the salad, stir and eat.
There you have it. I'll give $5 to anyone else who can come up with an edible